The clean-up from Storm Babet is continuing after it battered the UK with heavy rain and strong winds last week.
Scotland was particularly badly affected by the storm, with dozens of homes being flooded in Brechin after the River South Esk burst its banks.
First Minister Humza Yousaf will visit the Angus town on Monday, after Conservative councillor Gavin Nicol called for more support, adding that some people could be out of their homes permanently.
The flooding also forced the closure of a large stretch of the A90, which became submerged.
Has the A90 reopened?
The A90 has now reopened in both directions between Dundee and Forfar and between Stonehaven and Brechin, a spokesperson for Traffic Scotland confirmed at 12.45am on Monday.
However, the carriageway remains closed in both directions between Forfar and Brechin. Traffic Scotland said to expect longer than normal journey times, but has not provided a diversion route.
“No official diversion route has been provided by us because we only provide a diversion if there is an alternative trunk route available which is suitable for all vehicles. There are some non-trunk route closures in the area which have made this not possible at this time,” it said.
Tom Wallace, of the company managing the roadworks, said: “To ensure the safety of all road users, our engineers have been working hard to complete structural inspections across the A90 and fully reopen the route between Dundee and Stonehaven. Any inspections must be carried out in a safe environment that does not put our teams at risk.”
You can find the latest updates on the Traffic Scotland website here.
Humza Yousaf to visit Brechin
During his visit to Brechin the First Minister is expected to meet residents affected by the flooding and thank volunteers, local authority staff and emergency service personnel who played a part in the evacuation.
Angus Council said there had been “overwhelming” response to an appeal for accommodation for people unable to return to their properties because of the damage caused by the floods.
A call for clothing and toiletries led to hundreds of donations, the local authority said.
Mr Nicol, who represents the Brechin and Edzell ward on Angus Council, called for more funding from the Scottish Government, telling BBC Radio Scotland on Monday: “I can tell you the repercussions of the flooding will take months and years to resolve.
“Angus Council, unfortunately, does not have the resources to do the job, it needs to to protect the residents.
“We really need finance from the Scottish Government in order to protect our residents, to rehome them. Some will be out for months, if not permanently.”
Mr Yousaf said ahead of his scheduled visit: “My thoughts are with the families of those who lost their lives to the extreme conditions caused by Storm Babet during what will be difficult time.
“I want to pass on my thanks to local authorities, volunteers and the emergency services for all their efforts in these extremely challenging conditions.
“The local community in Brechin, like others across Scotland, has come together to offer support to all those affected by the floods, with Angus Council receiving hundreds of offers of alternative accommodation for those forced to leave their homes.
“The process of assessing the full amount of damage caused in all areas affected by the storm is now under way. This will take some time and we are working closely with local authorities to support the people and businesses affected.”